Fashion Association of Tanzania (FAT) is a not-for-profit body that aims to further the interests of Tanzania fashion industry by harnessing and sharing collective knowledge, experience and resources of the sector.
With its head quarters in Dar es Salaam, FAT is meant to operate across the country and lead the industry through creative influence and strategically reposition Tanzania’s fashion in the global fashion economy.
With high veneration for the fashion industry in Tanzania, FAT performs the SWOT analysis to take style to the next level in the most appropriate manner. For this upliftment, our activities are based on three pillars of comprehensive support through programs, constant nurturing through anytime guidance and timely exchange of information and trends in the fashion industry. We are a heterogeneous institution with consistent zeal and ever-increasing efforts for nurturing fashion and design.
FAT is legally registered by the National Arts Council (BASATA) and recognised by Tanzania Federation of Crafts and Arts (TAFCA).
The association’s aim is to develop the Tanzania fashion industry in conjunction with its constituent stakeholders.
FAT targets to actualize the “Industrialization Policy” in the Textile & Apparel sector and enable Tanzania reach the goal of being a semi – industrialized country by 2025; as championed by the President, Hon. John Pombe Magufuli
FAT’s Long Term Vision of 2025 is to establish a fashion pipeline in East and Central African world, by creating a system for the fashion infrastructure which per se will be the main driver for positioning Tanzania as a leader in East & Central African fashion industry and likewise the fashion industry as a main pillar for the regional creative economy.
Fashion Association of Tanzania (FAT) strives for:
- Integration, tolerance and cooperation in the nation’s fashion Industry.
- Positioning Tanzania on the international map of fashion, through supporting fashion platforms such as Swahili Fashion Week and Awards which is recognized already as the biggest and largest fashion platform in East and Central Africa.
- Attracting international brands to manufacture and set up their business in the region.
- Pioneering a standard fashion educative system to Tanzania’s Fashion College units and encouraging students to grab annual scholarships to continue their education in Fashion Design and Management across the globe.
- Supporting regional talent to achieve international recognition through International partnership program and positioning.
- Initiating programs that elevate the level of knowledge in arts and design.
- Achieve a sustainable fashion eco-system amongst fashion players.
- Exchange programs and realization of ideas, events, initiatives and concepts by the members.